Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gastro

So for the last 48 hours I have been pretty under the weather with gastro. God I hate gastro. I think that I would rather have teeth pulled without anesthetic than get gastro. There were times that I was wishing for death!!!
Molly had it on Saturday which was great as John was away. I think that John would have made a better nurse than I as he is very patient when it comes to vomit. I just want to vomit when I am around people that are vomiting. God knows how I made it through 3 years of nurse training!!!
Anyway Molly's was pretty mild, just a night of vomiting and then she picked up after a couple of days. Mum and I thought that it we were going to get it then it would not be that bad.... oh how wrong we were... I felt fine and then wamo hit with the gastro stick. Mum got it but not as bad as me. After 12 hours of not keeping anything down I went to the ed and got a couple of bags of fluids which I think was a really good idea. Then I went and saw Lauren and I think she was pretty sure that I was at the very beginnings of labour. She put me on the monitor which I was happy to do as I wanted to make sure that the baby was ok and she said that there was contractions in my uterus that were VERY similar to birthing contractions. I said that I had some back ache which made her hurried as she said that labour can some times start in the back!!!
LUCKILY it stopped. I could not imagine having gastro and having a baby but it can happen. I think the body gets the baby out if it thinks that the body is more hostile. The receptionist at the maternity unit had a baby at 28 weeks as she had gastro. Scary. At least we are at 37 weeks. So good to go.
Lauren did a ve to see what my cervix was doing and it seems that it is dilated 1cm and softening which I am taking to mean that it is good and at the time not in labour. She was pretty happy with that. The baby's head is not fully engaged so in all I am not sure what this means. Hopefully that we do not have to wait that much longer to meet the wee blighter!!!
Anyway mum spent all day in bed yesterday and I have spent most of the day resting today. Have been trying to push the fluids which is hard when I am also trying to sleep as much as can. Feel a bit wired as want to go and do things but cannot!!!! Oh well the washing and the cleaning will just have to wait.
My bp was a bit over the show yesterday at the hospital. Diastolic was as low as 60 and as high as 93. My urinalyses was all over the shop as well with a stack of ketones and protein at +1, but I am not placing much weight on them as I was crook.
So here is hoping for a non dramatic birth. It really would be nice after Molly. If I could put in my wish list it would be fast, but not too fast, natural with no complications and with no gastro. Not too much to ask for I think.
Looks like we will be moving soon. Not sure when and it seems it will be longer than what we had originally thought but we will be out of the hill soon. YAY. Well done John.
Anyway thinking of you Cate and high risk women.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment