Monday, June 21, 2010

Getting those pesky thoughts under control.

First things first.... well done the all whites. Man talk about beating the odds. I hope that they can get further!!!!
Things have been cruising. John's mum is over and it is going to be hard when she goes. Luckily my mother comes over 2 weeks after her so there is only a wee time that there is not an extra pair of hands in the house. Also John will have stopped studying by that time (bring on Thursday) so that will be at least one stress off. Aaaahhhh family weekends. I am looking forward to them.
But at the moment I get a sleep in every morning which is BLISS. I am getting pretty tired but I am sure that this is because I am fighting a wee cold. Molly had it last week and John and I have it this week.
Whenever I get any symptom that reminds me of what happened with Molly then it is all panic stations. With my swelling and now a bit of tiredness I am like OMG is this the start of the end???? I really don't mind if I was to have another prem, I would just like it to be at or around 32 weeks. I am not sure how I would handle it if I was to have a prem that was younger. I know of people that have had kids at 28-29 weeks and the kids are great. It is just that it is not my comfort zone. I suppose 32 weeks was not either until I had a child born at that gestation age.
So we will see. Everyday is a bit of a battle not to let the scared thoughts get on top of me. And then everyday that goes past is another day that the baby is on the right side and I am well.
I get really excited about this baby at times. It is something that I never had time for with Molly. I suppose that it is pretty cool that I can find some normal feelings amongst it all.
I am going to see the midwife again next week. I think that at 28 weeks I start to go weekly. Not sure if I want to start that after next week. I will think about it over the week.
Anyway thoughts to the neonate parents and babies. It is past my bedtime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment