Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It is a done deal

John has finished his course. THANK GOODNESS. It is amazing how 1 course can put so much extra stress in the house. Now if I don't feel like getting Molly to sleep at night I do not feel immensely guilty about getting John to do it. I think that we are now in the calm before the next storm.

My mother in law has been here for the last 2 weeks and went home yesterday. It was really nice to have an extra pair of hands on board and the sleep ins were ace. There is always an interesting relationship between a mother in law and a daughter in law. I just did not feel like I could tell her what to do despite her  asking. Seemed a bit bossy to do that.  It is not like with your own family. My mother is coming over in 2 weeks and I think that she is quite used to me bossing her around. I think that she would find it quite strange if I did not ( she might find it a pleasant change though!!!)

I went and saw the midwife today. I think that every time that I see her I think, man she is cool. Totally what I need. She listens to what I have to say and then reacts in such a good way.

I have been having some pain in my left upper quadrant and I was getting worried as this was were I got pain when I had Molly. I think that I must be the only person that had pain on their left not right hand side... Anyway that was getting me worried. She thinks that the baby is lying in a way that its' feet would be up there so that is cool.
We talked about me getting worried about whether hellp will happen again and she basically said there is no point worrying about it. And she is right. I think that I read somewhere that if you are going to get pre-eclampsia then it starts when you are 8 weeks pregnant.... I am not sure how reliable that is but essentially it starts when the placenta is getting embedded so by this stage it probably is a done deal. Either way. By worrying about it all it does is give me more stress, make my bp go up and make me not enjoy this pregnancy. It might end tomorrow and this WILL be the last time that I am going to get pregnant. So I am going to write this on my fridge as this is where I write the things that I need to remind myself to do. I started doing this when I was getting counseling and I found it really helpful. Poor John used to come home and see "Let the control go" and all sorts of wee gems on the fridge. I am so lucky to have such an ace husband.

Anyway the numbers are 137/79 which is slightly higher than I would like but I am sure that it will go down now that we have the house to ourselves and John's test is over. I love getting visitors but it can be nice when they go as well.
Pee is good.
My midwife has ordered some bloods so that will be good to see how all is going inside.
Anyway, thoughts to neonate parents. I am off to write on the fridge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment