Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sorted... well for the moment

We went and saw the midwife on Monday and man I feel like a different woman....
Appropriately the first thing that I did when I saw her was to burst into tears when I said that I had been getting some swelling. But it ended up that we were there for an hour and a half and it was cool.
She totally got it why I would be slightly (understatement) panicky that I was starting to get some swelling. She said that my understanding of birth is that you are fine and then 2 hours later you have a baby and feel like you have been hit by a truck. It was not until she put it like this that it kind of clicked. This is why I feel that I cannot fully relax as I am not sure that all is going to be turned on its head in 2 hours!!!!
We talked about the birth and she said that she gets called in for the actual gig. She also said that the things that we were wanting were not actually that unusual and should happen anyway. I have to prepare myself that I might end up with another csection but said that I was going to be VERY protective over the first 24 hours ( well obviously longer) but that I will want certain things to happen.... Namely the baby to come straight to me and to have them with me in recovery. Even if we have a preterm I would want to see them asap, even if I was sick. As my midwife says... hospital beds have wheels!!! The first 24 hours I really feel like I lost with Molly and it is the one thing that I would change. Everyone went to see her and I did not go until 3. I did not push it as I was so scared. Scared that she would die and scared about what the hell had just happened.
So I feel a whole lot better. I feel that we have a bit of a Jan on our side. When we had Molly we had to most amazing midwife that went into bat for us so many times that I could not even count. I think that we would have been even more of a train wreck if it was not for her. We always wanted someone in our corner that we could trust and rely on, and whilst our current midwife will not be able to follow us down to Adelaide if we get transferred, it is nice to know that we have a go to girl here. HORAY!!!
So the figures were good. Pee... totally not even worth writing about and BP 114/70. Pretty good considering I was a wreck emotionally the day before.
HORAY.
Who knows what will happen tomorrow but it is looking pretty rosy for today.
Thoughts head to all those neonate babies and parents.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Good results, honey, and yay for a good midwife! I don't know if this would be helpful or not, but when I was pregnant with Noah, they had the urine tests in the bathroom and we just did our own. Maybe they could give you some to take home? I don't know whether than would be helpful or just make you want to pee in a jar every 5 minutes? You could always ask if you thought it might help?

    ReplyDelete